Friday, October 16, 2009

Left Behind




I feel as if I am part of a bad book right now. I keep looking at the great blogs of friends who have gone before. Wonderful things are happening to those folks, and if I weren't so happy for them I would be insanely jealous. For starters, Spring is happening; not to mention language lessons, Alpine meadows and interesting food (always a hit), and apparently even new tramps (looks remarkably similar to the old tramp).
However, it was sunny in southwestern Ontario today so things are looking up, marginally. The dilemma that exists right now is whether or not to book a vacation. The place that spoils us rotten -- near Tulum, Mexico -- has massive sales on now, costing just over a third of what it did the last time we went. So do we save the cookies for a quick dash to another country or do we take a couple of weeks off and revel in the warm waters of the Caribbean. This decision needs to be made soon; as well as wanting to have my vacation before Advent, arrives, I am keeping in mind that the weather up here in November is well past its "best by" date. The Pictures are of the view outside our third floor suite, the bestest buddy who I always take with me, and one of the thousands of ceynote that dot the Mayan Riviera. Exquisite natural variations of the "swimmin' hole" believed to have been caused by the same asteroid that formed the gulf of Mexico and wiped out the dinosaurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment