Friday, October 5, 2012

Taking Tea to China

Little gifts are appreciated in China, so I picked up a couple large bags of Werther's candies, some maple syrup candies and a couple of boxes of Ceylon tea flavoured with real maple sugar.  Last Satuday, the 30th was the Moon Festival, the remains of some sort of harvest festival.  Everybody gives and receives gifts, generally moon cakes, a round fruit paste pastry.  Not having any, I gave the each member of my two classes three Werthers each.  They were as delighted as young children.  We looked at the bag, and saw the two languages discussed candies in English.
The fellow in the printing department is a real sweetie.  I understand that I have face as he offered me an expensive cigarette on our third meeting.  He is very helpful and is to be pampered, so I gave him a bag with some Werthers, some maple syrup candy and a few tea bags. 

1 comment:

  1. So bringing chocolate, particularly Whittakers' chocolate of the coconut variety is a good thing right? Any other flavour?

    ReplyDelete