Saturday, December 5, 2009

Last Day in Akumal

We don't have to leave the hotel until four today, and it isn't noon yet.  I am downloading the paper for Mike to read in the airport while we wait until nine o'clock to take off out of here.  We don't arrive in Ontario until late tonight and will stop over.  We will see Yvan on our way home tomorrow.
Yesterday we took the walk to the cove we saw last year.  Attempted to

go there already this trip, but we were with a couple who were nervous about the No Trespassing signs.  It is quite a rough walk (or tramp) over coral and tourist debris, but worth the trip.  Some good snorkeling although the water had been stirred up by the rain the previous evening and could have been clearer.  Mike and I did an hour or so paddling around.  A couple different kind of pelicans; I am not certain if there were more than one kind or if they were male and female.  I am thinking two sorts--if and when we get to NZ I think I would like to take up 'birding' more seriously.  I will have to get Sue to teach me and do bird tramps. I felt the mad urge to leave my mark here, so I made an Inuktisuk; which I undoubtedly have spelled wrong, and I expect P to correck me. 'bless him.

2 comments:

  1. There are Brown Pelicans and there are White Pelicans. Then there are adult pelicans and there are young pelicans. But for albatross - we take a boat out onto the Pacific.

    ReplyDelete