Sunday, November 8, 2009

We have tramps here too!


Yesterday and today are our to be our last gasps of summer, apparently.  My plans were to finish my sermon and clean the front windows before going to work out at the gym.  By the time I had finished 'puttering about' -- making French Canadian pea soup, read the paper, had breakfast etc., the day had developed into a beautiful breezy Indian summer event.  I got my cornstarch and warm water mixed along with the clean rags and headed out to clean the front windows--a thing of beauty.  By the time I had finished them, I realized that the sheers in the living room were filthy; I tried to remember the last time I had cleaned them and it isn't a thing I want to share with anyone but Mike.  Feeling guilty about all the window 'treatments', I took down the stuff from the patio doors, and the downstairs windows and threw them all in the washer. Of course, it was then noticible that ALL the windows in the house were dirty (is this beginning to sound like the bread and gravy game?), so more cornstarch and water were prepared, and they all had their dirty faces washed. 
I called a colleague, En, and after she had finished her nursing home service, off we headed to the Lorne Henderson Conservation Area, just outside of town to walk for an hour there.  It is a lovely site with three weirs and beautiful paths, and a great place to wander with a friend.

1 comment: